There’s just something about red velvet cake that makes any occasion more festive. Whip up these perfect Red Velvet Cupcakes and everyone gets their very own cake!
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 3 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp. Table salt
- 1 ½ tsp. Instant espresso powder
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Vegetable oil
- 2 oz. Red food color
- 1 ½ tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups Buttermilk
- 1 ½ tsp. White vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Blend sugar and eggs in a bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until ribbons form, about 5 minutes. With mixer running, add oil in a stream until blended. Mix in food color and vanilla until incorporated.
- Mix half the dry ingredients into butter mixture, followed by the buttermilk and vinegar, then remaining dry ingredients; blend just until incorporated.
- Fill liners to the top with batter and bake until a toothpick inserted in centers of cupcakes comes out clean, 20–25 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pan 20 minutes, transfer to a rack to cool completely. Frost with Classic White Icing.