The red velvet peanut butter blossom is a fun twist on the traditional holiday favorite, the peanut butter blossom.
Red Velvet Blossoms
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- ¼ cups Unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ¼ tsp. Table salt
- ½ cup Vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup Packed brown sugar
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp. Liquid red food color
- 1 tsp. Distilled white vinegar
- 3 White chocolate "kiss" candies (such as Hershey's Hugs)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a bowl with a mixer on medium speed until creamy, 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine.
- Mix in food color and vinegar until fully incorporated.
- Add flour-cocoa mixture to sugar mixture; beat to combine.
- Drop dough with a #100 or #60 scoop (1–2 tsp.) onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies until puffed and edges are set, 10–12 minutes.
- Freeze candies (while baking cookies) to prevent melting when placed on cookies.
- Remove cookies from oven and press one candy into each cookie. Let cookies stand on baking sheets 2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.