Bring some crunch and color to these tender, sugary-sweet rainbow sprinkle cookies. They’re so fun and festive you’ll find yourself reaching for one after another.
Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- #30 Scoop
- KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer
- KitchenAid 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
- Half-Sheet Pan
- Cooling rack
- 2 ¾ cups All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Table salt
- 2 Sticks unsalted butter (16 Tbsp.), softened
- 1 ⅓ cups Sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Pure almond extract
- 1 ¼ cup Rainbow sprinkles, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar in a bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 5 minutes. Add egg, egg yolk, and extracts; beat until combined.
- Add flour mixture; beat just until combined. Stir in ¼ cup sprinkles.
- Scoop dough using a #30 scoop (about 2 Tbsp.), roll into balls, then roll in remaining 1 cup sprinkles to coat, pressing to adhere. Place dough balls on prepared baking sheets and slightly flatten.
- Bake cookies until edges are set and centers are still soft, 10–12 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, before transferring to a rack to cool completely.