Instead of hitting the drive-thru in the morning, whip together this take on the coffeehouse favorite. The nice thing about this simple recipe for Pumpkin & Spice Lattes with whipped cream, it doesn’t rely on a thick, artificially flavored syrup for great flavor. Instead, real pumpkin, fragrant spices, and sugar make this latte worth waking up to in the morning. And to make satisfying your morning jo fix easy, prepare the pumpkin and milk mixture in advance, then simply make and add espresso before walking out the door.
Pumpkin & Spice Lattes with whipped cream
- ½ cup Canned pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup Packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 4 cups Whole milk
- ¼ cup Hot espresso or very strong coffee
- ¼ cup Pure vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Heat pumpkin purée, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan over medium until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in milk and heat just until steaming. Stir in espresso and vanilla, then divide lattes among 4 cups.
- Top lattes with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories251
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Cholesterol 24mg 8%
- Sodium 112mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 8g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.