The perfect dessert to bring to a Halloween gathering or Thanksgiving meal
Pumpkin Bars with White Chocolate-Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 1 can Pumpkin purée (15 oz.)
- 4 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Table salt
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Ground ginger
- ½ tsp. Ground cloves
- ½ tsp. Ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup Dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Crystallized ginger
- ¼ cup Pecans
- 4 oz. White bar chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ pkg. Cream cheese, softened (12 oz.)
- 1 ½ Sticks unsalted butter, softened (12 Tbsp.)
- 3 cups Sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat an 11½×16½-inch baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, pumpkin purée, eggs, and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, ground ginger, cloves, and nutmeg into pumpkin mixture; whisk until combined. Spread batter onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake bars until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer pan to a rack and cool completely before frosting.
- Finely chop cranberries, crystallized ginger, and pecans; combine.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave on high, 1–2 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese and butter with a mixer on high speed until smooth. Add melted chocolate and beat to combine. Add powdered sugar and beat on low speed until smooth.
- Spread frosting over cooled bars. Cut into bars and top with cranberry mixture.
- Cool the bars completely before covering them with the frosting so it doesn’t melt off the sides.