Potato Leek Soup
- Wash leeks very carefully to remove all grit. I usually cut them horizontally and separate the rings to make sure no dirt remains. Coarsely chop them when washed.
- In a medium soup pot, melt butter and add flour on low flame.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix well. This will thicken your soup and give it a wonderful flavor.
- Add chicken stock, leeks, onion, potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer on low for about 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are soft.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth adding the milk and adjusting salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories133
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
- Cholesterol 7mg 3%
- Sodium 416mg 18%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 4.5g 9%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.