These juicy, flavorful chicken tenders are marinated in pickle juice then breaded and baked in the oven or air fryer!
Pickle-Brined Baked Chicken Tenders
- 12 (1 & 1/4 lbs) chicken tenders or skinless breasts cut into strips
- 1- 1/4 cup Dill pickle juice, enough to cover the chicken
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- 1 Large egg white
- ½ cup Seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Seasoned panko
- cooking spray
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl and cover with pickle juice (enough to cover completely). Marinate in the refrigerator 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, drain and dry the chicken completely on paper towels; discard marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray a large baking sheet with generously with oil.
- Combine egg, egg white, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and panko.
- Dip chicken in the egg wash, then into the breadcrumb mixture and shake off excess.
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and spray the top generously. Bake in the lower third of the oven until the bottom is golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and bake 6 minutes, until golden.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F. Spray the chicken on both sides with oil. Cook in batches in a single layer 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Amount Per ServingCalories244
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Cholesterol 150mg 50%
- Sodium 422mg 18%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 37g 74%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.