Peruvian green sauce also known as Aji Verde is a spicy bright green condiment typically found in any Peruvian restaurant.
Peruvian Green Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- ¼ cup Chopped red onion
- ½ cup Light Hellman’s mayonnaise, use compliant mayo for whole30
- 2 tbsp. White vinegar
- 4 tsp. Yellow mustard,
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 jalapeños, roughly chopped seeded but keeping the ribs (about 1 cup/3 oz.)
- 2 cups Chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems, 2 oz rinsed well
- 3 Medium cloves garlic, crushed through a press
- Saute the onion in a small skillet with 1 teaspoon of the oil until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to the blender then add the remaining oil, mayo, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Then add the chopped jalapeno, cilantro and garlic and blend on high speed until the sauce is smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories22
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
- Cholesterol 1.5mg 1%
- Sodium 64mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2%
- Sugars 0.5g
- Protein 0.5g 1%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.