Perfect Pie Crust
- Multi-Unit Measuring Cups
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Food Processor
- Dough Blender
- Mixing bowls
- Rolling Pin
- Bench Scraper With Measurements
- Pie Pan
- Pie Plate
- Pastry brush
- Paring Knife
- Pastry Mat
- Lattice Pastry Cutter
- 1 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Table salt
- 4 Tbsp. Cold cream cheese, cubed
- 4 Tbsp. Cold, unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Cold shortening, cubed
- 3 Tbsp. Ice water
- Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor to combine. Add cream cheese, butter, and shortening; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add ice water; pulse until dough forms around the blade. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, pressing dough into the shape of a disk. Refrigerate dough at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- Coat a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Roll dough on a lightly floured work surface into a 14-inch circle about 1/4-inch thick. Flip dough over to prevent sticking, dusting it lightly with flour as needed.
- Fold dough into quarters, then unfold into prepared pie plate. Adjust dough to fit, pressing it lightly against the bottom and sides of the plate. Try not to stretch dough.
- Trim overhang to 1 inch, turn under, then crimp edges. Chill shaped pie crust until it’s cold and firm, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400° with rack in lowest position. Line chilled crust with foil, pressing foil firmly against sides of crust and gently folding foil over edge of pie plate; fill with dried beans or rice.
- Blind-bake crust until set but not browned, 18–20 minutes. Carefully unfold foil at edges; lift out foil and dried beans. Return crust to oven; bake until pastry is pale golden, about 5 minutes. Remove crust from oven
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories173
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6g 30%
- Cholesterol 23mg 8%
- Sodium 95mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.