These thumbprint cookies give you a sweet new way to enjoy the beloved flavor combination of peanut butter and jelly. Grape and strawberry jelly are both classic, but feel free to use your favorite. Then, finish off the experience with a glass of ice cold milk for a trip down memory lane.
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Table salt
- ¼ tsp. Baking soda
- ¾ cup Creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup Packed brown sugar
- 8 tbsp. Unsalted butter, cubed and softened
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Turbinado sugar (such as Sugar in the Raw)
- 1 cup Purchased grape or strawberry jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Cream peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a bowl with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture and beat just to combine. Scoop dough with a #60 scoop (1 Tbsp.) and roll each into a ball.
- Roll dough balls in turbinado sugar until coated, then place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies 5 minutes; remove from oven and lightly press centers with the back of a teaspoon measure or plastic cork to create an indentation.
- Bake cookies 4–5 minutes more, then remove from oven and press down centers again. Let cookies cool completely on baking sheets.
- Microwave jelly in 20-second intervals, whisking after each interval, until smooth.
- Fill each cookie with 1 tsp. jelly.