Nectarine Torte With Hazelnuts & Orange
THE TORTE, PROCESS
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ½ cup Skinned and toasted hazelnuts (2.5 oz.)
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. Table salt
- 6 tbsp. Unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- Minced zest of 1 orange
- 1 lb. Ripe, slightly firm nectarines, cut into eighths
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
THE SAUCE, COOK
- ½ cup Orange marmalade
- ¼ cup Brandy
- 2 tbsp. Light brown sugar
- Juice of 1 orange
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray and flour.
- Process sugar and hazelnuts in a food processor until nuts are finely ground, 1 minute.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt; pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse sand, about 10 seconds. Add eggs, vanilla, and zest, and process until smooth, 10 seconds.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; spread batter evenly and smooth surface. Arrange nectarines, skin sides up, over surface of batter.
- Bake torte until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with few crumbs, 40–45 minutes.
- Run a knife around edges to loosen torte; let cool in pan on a rack to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Cook marmalade, brandy, brown sugar, and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until thick and syrupy, 10 minutes.
- Remove cooled torte from pan, dust with powdered sugar, and serve with sauce.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories244
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Cholesterol 46mg 16%
- Sodium 83mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.