Making mulled wine couldn’t be easier. Combine a bottle of red with some orange slices, spices, honey, and brandy, and let it simmer for 20 minutes. THAT’S IT. We like using dry varietals like merlot, malbec, or cab sauv. But really, your favorite bottle should work. If you don’t like brandy, or don’t want to buy a bottle, skip it.
- 2 Bottles dry red wine (such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, or Malbec)
- 1½ cups Packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup Brandy
- ¼ cup Orange liqueur
- 2 Cinnamon sticks (2–3 inch)
- Peels and juice of 2 oranges
- 15 allspice berries
- 10 whole cloves
- Cinnamon sticks, optional
- Combine wine, brown sugar, brandy, orange liqueur, 2 cinnamon sticks, orange peels, and orange juice in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- Tie allspice and cloves in cheesecloth; add to slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and heat on high or low setting until hot, but not boiling, and spice flavors infuse, about 1 hour; reduce heat to warm. Discard orange peels and spice sachet.
- Serve mulled wine warm; garnish servings with cinnamon sticks.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories373
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 12mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.