These individual cakes have a pocket of chocolate that oozes out of a warm cake. Then they’re topped with warm Black Cherry Sauce.
Molten Chocolate Cakes
- Glass Mixing Bowls
- Muffin Pan
- 4 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 4 oz. Semisweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, diced
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Instant expresso powder (or 2 tsp. instant coffee granules)
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ cup Whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Drop almond extract
- Shaved semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375°. Liberally spray six 6-oz. ramekins with nonstick spray.
- Chop chocolate for cakes into pieces the size of chocolate chips. Melt chocolate pieces and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir often to prevent burning.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until the mixture is pale yellow and looks like lightly whipped cream, about 7 minutes.
- Beat flour, cocoa, vanilla, and espresso powder into egg mixture until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate mixture to egg mixture and beat another 5 minutes. Spoon 3/4 cup batter into each ramekin. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake 15–17 minutes, until cakes are puffed and mostly dry on top around edges. Remove cakes from oven and let them rest about 3 minutes
- Whip cream, sugar, and almond extract until soft peaks form.
- Serve cakes with Black Cherry Sauce, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories554
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 26g 130%
- Cholesterol 200mg 67%
- Sodium 250mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Protein 8g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.