Mint Shortbread Cookies
- Cookie sheets
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 ⅔ cup Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Mint extract
- Green food coloring
- Chocolate, for garnish
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the mint extract.
- Combine the flour and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Add several of drops of food coloring until desired shade of green, mixing well.
- Roll into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice into 1/4-inch slices and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden at the edges.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Drizzle with melted white and/or dark chocolate if desired.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories154.6
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Cholesterol 28.1mg 10%
- Sodium 95.1mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2%
- Sugars 8.4g
- Protein 1.8g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.