Mini Strawberry Pies
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
- Glass Liquid Measuring Cups
- 18 x 24-Inch Plastic Cutting Board
- 8" Chef's Knife
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- 6-Cup Jumbo Muffin Pan
- Cooling rack
- Digital Hand Mixer
- 9" Better Wire Whisk
- 2-Quart Saucepan
FOR THE CRUST, COMBINE
- 3 cups Mini pretzel twists, finely crushed (about 1½ cups)
- 1 Stick Unsalted butter (8 Tbsp.), melted
- ¼ cup Packed light brown sugar
FOR THE FILLING, BEAT
- 3 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. Light brown sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract, divided
- 3 cups Fresh strawberries, hulled and halved, divided
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. Cornstarch
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat four wells of a large muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- For the crust, combine pretzels, butter, and brown sugar, then divide among prepared wells; press firmly into bottom and up sides of each well.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, and ½ tsp. vanilla until smooth; spread in bottom of crusts.
- Crush enough strawberries (about ¾ cup) to make ½ cup.
- Whisk together granulated sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan; stir in crushed berries and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer berry filling, stirring constantly, until it thickens, 2–3 minutes; let cool 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir remaining strawberries into berry filling; carefully spoon into crusts and refrigerate pies, uncovered, until set, about 3 hours.
- Whip heavy cream, remaining 1 Tbsp. brown sugar, and remaining 1/2 tsp. vanilla until soft peaks form; dollop on top of pies before serving.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories673
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 22g 111%
- Cholesterol 105mg 35%
- Sodium 745mg 32%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.