Mini Herbed Potato Soufflés with Crème Fraîche Recipe
- 14cm x 6cm soufflé dish
- Potato Masher
- 18 x 24-Inch Plastic Cutting Board
- 8" Chef's Knife
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan
- 8 oz. russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 dried bay leaf
OFF HEAT, MASH
- ¼ cup each crème fraîche and unsalted butter (4 Tbsp.)
- ½ tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. each minced fresh chives and parsley
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, separated
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 375° with rack set in bottom third.
- Coat the inside of two 12-oz. ovenproof ramekins with 1 Tbsp. butter; sprinkle each with Parmesan.
- Cook potato with bay leaf in a pot of boiling salted water until fork-tender, about 10 minutes. Drain, discard bay leaf, then return potato to same pot, and cook over medium heat to remove excess moisture, about 30 seconds.
- Off heat, mash potato with crème fraîche, butter, and garlic until smooth. Stir in chives, parsley, and salt; season with pepper. Stir in egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites using a hand mixer on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold half of the egg whites into potato mixture until combined, then stir in remaining whites until no streaks remain.
- Divide potato mixture between ramekins, then bake until tops are puffed and golden brown, 30–35 minutes.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories621
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 28g 140%
- Cholesterol 295mg 99%
- Sodium 945mg 40%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Protein 15g 30%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.