Mini Bell Pepper Loaded Turkey “Nachos”
- 1/4 oz Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 lb Turkey Ground, 93% Lean
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 tbsp Chopped Cilantroor 1 T Chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 13 oz Sweet Mini Peppers
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 2 tbsp Light Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp Black Olives Canned
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking try with parchment or aluminum foil. Lightly spray with oil.
- Spray oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and cilantro and saute about 2 minutes, add ground turkey, salt, garlic powder, cumin and cook meat for 4 to 5 minutes until meat is completely cooked through. Add 1/4 cup of tomato sauce and chicken broth, mix well and simmer on medium for about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, arrange mini peppers in a single layer, cut-side up close together.
- Fill each with cooked ground turkey mixture, then top with shredded cheese and jalapeno slices, if using.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with black olives, sour cream and cilantro. Serve immediately.
7 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories187
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 23%
- Cholesterol 62mg 21%
- Sodium 418mg 18%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 0.5g
- Protein 18g 36%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.