Moist and delicious Maple Pecan Banana Muffins, so good you won’t believe they are light!
Maple Pecan Banana Muffins
- 3 Medium very ripe bananas
- 1¼ cups White whole wheat flour
- ¾ tsp. Baking soda
- ¼ tsp. 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp. Unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup Maple sugar, or brown sugar
- 2 Large egg whites
- ¼ cup Pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. Unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup Crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a cupcake tin with liners.
- Mash bananas in a bowl, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and 1/4 cup maple sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add egg whites, mashed bananas, maple syrup, apple sauce and vanilla; beat at medium speed until mixed well, scraping down sides of the bowl.
- Add flour mixture, then blend at a low speed until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Spread the pecans evenly over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins on the center rack for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories142
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
- Cholesterol 5mg 2%
- Sodium 113mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 12g
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.