Top off any festive holiday meal with this rich and buttery pie. Pecan-pie lovers will swoon over the maple-sweetened filling and ever-so-flaky crust.
THE FILLING, HEAT
- 1 cup Packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup Pure maple syrup
- ½ cup Light corn syrup
- ½ tsp. Table salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
THE CRUST, PREPARE
- 1 Recipe Perfect Pie Crust, made into a single 9-inch crust and blind-baked, with dough scraps reserved and chilled for pastry leaves
- 1 ¾ cups Pecan halves (6 oz.), toasted
THE EGG WASH, COMBINE
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp. Cold water
- Granulated sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- For the filling, heat brown sugar, maple syrup, corn syrup, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Whisk together eggs and vanilla. Whisk a little of the heated sugar mixture into the egg mixture to temper the eggs. Slowly whisk in remaining sugar mixture and melted butter.
- For the crust, prepare pie crust according to recipe directions.
- Place blind-baked crust on a baking sheet. Spread toasted pecans in bottom; pour in filling.
- To make leaves, roll out reserved, chilled pie dough to ¼-inch thick. Cut 2-inch leaves from dough. You will need at least 12 leaves. For veins, score a line down the center of each leaf, using the back of a paring knife. Score angled lines from the center line to the edges of each leaf.
- For the egg wash, combine egg and water. Brush edge of pie crust with egg wash; place leaves around edge. Brush leaves with egg wash; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake pie in center of oven until pie puffs slightly and center appears set, 35–45 minutes. Cool pie to room temperature before serving.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories518
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9g 45%
- Cholesterol 111mg 37%
- Sodium 245mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Protein 7g 15%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.