Lemon Drizzle Cake
For The Cake
- Cooking spray
- 2 ¾ Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ⅔ cup Granulated sugar
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- 4 Large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup Whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Make the cake
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside
- Place the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and lemon zest in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. (Alternatively, use an electric hand mixer and large bowl.) Beat on medium speed until lightened in color and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, waiting until each egg is incorporated before adding the next, then beat in the vanilla. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture, followed by 1/2 of the milk. Repeat with half of the remaining flour mixture and the remaining milk. Finish by beating in the remaining flour mixture until just incorporated; do not overmix.
- Scrape the batter into the pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Rotate the baking dish and bake until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached and the edges are starting to turn golden-brown, 10 to 15 minutes more (metal pans bake faster than glass or ceramic, so check on those early).
- Place the baking pan on a wire rack and cool completely to room temperature. Whisk the powdered sugar and lemon juice together in a medium bowl until smooth. Spoon evenly over the cake, spread with an offset spatula or rubber spatula, and let sit until the glaze hardens, about 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories384
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9.4g 47%
- Sodium 253.3mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 4%
- Sugars 33.8g
- Protein 5.4g 11%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.