These Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Empanadas, or hand pies are a delicious way to use up your leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie Empanadas
- 1 tsp. Unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Chopped onion
- ¼ cup Chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Corn starch
- ½ cup Low sodium chicken or turkey broth
- 1¼ cups Leftover shredded cooked turkey breast, 5 ounces
- ¾ cup Frozen peas and carrots
- ¾ tsp. Kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. Ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. Dried thyme
- 10 Frozen Empanada Discos, the ones for baking, thawed
- cooking spray
- 1 Large egg, whisked
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion, celery, and parsley cooking until onions are translucent. Add minced garlic, cooking for an additional minute.
- Combine the broth and cornstarch together and mix well.
- Add the turkey, frozen peas and carrots, 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, thyme and broth, stir and cook medium heat, bring to a boil then cook until thickened and heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- Place a disc on your work surface. Take 2 tablespoon of the turkey mixture and place in the middle of each disc. Using a pastry brush, place the egg wash on the outer edges of the disc. Fold the disc over and gently press the edges to create a seal. Use a fork and press around the edges to seal.
- Brush the egg wash over one side of each of the empanadas.
- Spray the baking sheet with oil, bake 350F 26 to 30 minutes, until golden.
- Spray the basket with oil to prevent sticking, transfer to the basket, in batches and cook at 380F° for 8 minutes, turning half way. Eat hot.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories174
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
- Cholesterol 31mg 11%
- Sodium 315mg 14%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2%
- Protein 9.5g 19%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.