This one is the perfect marriage of tart key lime flavor with a luscious, creamy texture. Sour cream is the secret. It not only lightens what could otherwise be a heavy dessert, but it also reinforces the pucker-factor of the lime juice with a tang of its own
Key Lime Cheesecake with Fruit Salsa
- 9" Springform Pan
- Key West Lime Juice
- 14" Reusable Piping Bag
- Decorating Tube Set
- 10" Chef's Knife
- 18 x 24-Inch Plastic Cutting Board
- 2-Quart Saucepan
- High-Heat Scraper
- Roasting Pan
- KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Quart Stand Mixer
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- Glass Liquid Measuring Cups
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
THE CRUST, COMBINE
- 1 ¾ cups Graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Table salt
- 6 tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
THE FILLING, BEAT
- 3 pkg. Cream cheese (8 oz. each), softened
- ½ tsp. Table salt
- 1 tsp. Packed minced lime zest
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 8 oz. Sour cream
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- ½ cup Key lime juice
- Boiling water
WHIPPED CREAM, HEAT
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 4 oz. White bar chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup Finely diced fresh kiwi
- ½ cup Finely diced fresh strawberry
- ½ cup Finely diced fresh mango
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat the inside of a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine crumbs, sugar, and salt, then stir in butter; press into bottom and partially up sides of prepared pan. Bake crust until golden, 10 minutes; cool completely. Wrap bottom and sides of pan with plastic wrap, then foil.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- beat cream cheese, sugar, zest, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low and keep mixer running.
- Add sour cream, then drizzle eggs down the side of the bowl; blend until combined, periodically scraping down sides of bowl and paddle. Once smooth, blend in lime juice until incorporated.
- Pour filling into crust, smoothing the top. Transfer cheesecake to a roasting pan; place in oven. Pour boiling water into roasting pan one-third of the way up sides of springform pan.
- Bake cheesecake until edges are set but center is still very jiggly, 1¼ hours.
- Turn off oven; leave cheesecake inside, 1 hour more. Transfer cheesecake to a rack; cool to room temperature, 2 hours, then cover with plastic wrap, and chill overnight.
The Whipped Cream
- Heat cream in a saucepan over medium to a simmer; pour over chocolate in a bowl. Cover bowl, let sit 5 minutes, then stir until smooth. Chill white chocolate cream until very cold, overnight, then beat with a mixer to medium peaks. Pipe whipped cream around perimeter of cheesecake.
- Combine kiwi, mango, and strawberry; serve with cheesecake.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories551
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 24g 120%
- Cholesterol 164mg 55%
- Sodium 571mg 24%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 8g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.