Juicy Stove Top Chicken Thighs
- 1 ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 ½ lb Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs or 1½ lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Freshly Ground
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- ½ cup Chicken Broth, Low Sodium or White Wine or Apple Juice
- 2 tbsp Chopped Parsley (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken thighs with onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add seasoned chicken thighs to the skillet, smooth side down; cook for 5 minutes or until you can easily flip over the chicken.
- Flip and continue to cook for 6 to 7 more minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Add butter and minced garlic; cook for about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and stir around to scrape up all the crispy bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
COOK’S NOTES FOR STOVE TOP CHICKEN THIGHS
- Use a large skillet that comfortably fits 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Cook the chicken thighs over medium-high heat.
- DO NOT move the chicken thighs around; let cook for 5 minutes or until you can easily flip them over.
- After adding in the butter and garlic, a splash of chicken broth will help with scraping up all the bits on the bottom of the pan. If you want, you can also use your favorite white wine or apple juice.
- Additionally, you can use chicken breasts in place of the chicken thighs.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories283
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Cholesterol 169mg 57%
- Sodium 190mg 8%
- Potassium 442mg 13%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 33g 66%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.