Indian Spiced Mashed Potato Cakes (Aloo Tikki)With Cilantro Chutney Yogurt
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- ½ Large red bell pepper, diced fairly small
- 4 Green onions, diced
- 1 Egg
- 1 ½ tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- Oil, for frying
- 1 cup Cilantro (approximately 1 small bunch)
- 1 Jalapeno (or 3 small green chilies)
- ⅓ cup Pistachios
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ⅓ cup Yogurt (preferably Greek)
- Salt, to taste
- Heat oil in frying pan to medium heat.
- Mix Simply Potatoes mashed potatoes, red bell peppers, green onions, egg, flour, cumin, coriander, turmeric powder. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, blend the cilantro, jalapeno, pistachios, lime juice and yogurt into a smooth consistency.
- Add salt to taste.
- When oil is ready, use two tablespoons to make patties, smoothing one over the other, like making a cannelle. Drop into hot oil.
- Fry each side until golden brown. If doing in batches, you can keep warm in a 200 degree oven.
- Plate them with sauce and enjoy!
- Garam masala is a traditional Indian spice blend commonly consisting of pepper, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, bay leaf and cumin. Look for it in the spice section of the grocery store.
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt can be substituted for the plain yogurt in this recipe.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories149.8
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.9g 10%
- Cholesterol 49.1mg 17%
- Sodium 34mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 11%
- Sugars 3.3g
- Protein 5.5g 11%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.