Indian Butter Chicken Naan Pizza with Lime & Peanut Slaw
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Grated gingerroot
- 2 tbsp Finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Ground cardamom
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Ground coriander
- 2 Dried bay leaves
- 6 oz 1 can tomato paste
- 14 oz 1 can light coconut milk
- 2 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 oz Greek plain yogurt
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 8-10 Naan breads
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 oz 1 bag coleslaw mix (8 cups)
- 1 ½ cup Roasted peanuts
- ¾ cup Chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup Lime juice
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ tsp Coarse sea salt
- Spray 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, melt butter with vegetable oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook about 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in cardamom, garam masala, chili powder and coriander. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring frequently.
- Stir in tomato paste and coconut milk. Heat until thoroughly blended. Pour mixture into slow cooker. Add chicken, yogurt and salt; stir to mix.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours (or on High heat setting 4 hours).
- To make pizzas, set oven control to broil. Place naan breads on ungreased cookie sheet. Top each with desired amount of chicken mixture. Sprinkle each with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted.
- Just before serving, stir together all Slaw ingredients. Top pizzas with slaw.