Iced Indonesian Coffee with Fresh Ginger and Cardamom
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
- 8-Cup Measuring Cup with Lid
- Fine-Mesh Sieve Set
- 3-Quart Saucepan
- Coffee Grinder
- Meat Tenderizer
- 10" Chef's Knife
- 18 x 24-Inch Plastic Cutting Board
- Glass Liquid Measuring Cups
- 6 cups Water
- 1 ½ cups Freshly ground coffee (such as Sumatra)
- 1 Knob fresh ginger (4-inch), coarsely chopped
- 10 –12 Green cardamom pods, crushed
- ⅓ cup Packed light brown sugar
- Canned coconut milk, optional
- Heat water, coffee, ginger, cardamom, and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Strain coffee through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher; discard solids. Chill coffee until completely cold.
- Serve coffee over ice; top with coconut milk.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories49
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 8mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.