- 1 cup Uncooked basmati rice
- ½ cup Water
- Place rice and water in a medium size saucepan over medium high heat, no lid.
- Bring to a simmer – the edges should be bubbling, the middle should be rippling, the surface will be foaming.
- Place a tight fitting lid on, then turn heat down to medium low (low for strong stoves).
- Cook for 12 minutes – DO NOT LIFT LID.
- Tilt saucepan, then take a QUICK peek to ensure all water is absorbed – be super quick, then clamp lid back on.
- Remove from heat, leave for 5 to 10 minutes with lid on, then fluff with fork and marvel at fluffy rice!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories225
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Sodium 9mg 1%
- Potassium 71mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.