Green Apple Sorbet
- 4 Granny smith apples
- 4 tbsp Fresh lemon juice, divided
- 4 tbsp White sugar
- 1 ⅓ cup Apple juice
- Green food coloring
- Cut, core and coarsely slice the apples.
- Place the apples in a saucepan along with lemon juice, sugar, and apple juice.
- Boil for approximately 3 to 5 minutes or until soft.
- Remove the green apple mixture from heat and cool.
- Place in a blender or food processor and puree the green apple mixture until smooth.
- Strain and transfer to a small container. Stir in green food coloring, mix well and place the green apple sorbet mixture in the freezer.
- This can be made two days before.
- When the green apple sorbet is completely frozen, remove from the freezer and place in a food processor or blender and puree again.
- Return to the freezer until ready to use.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories184.7
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.1g 1%
- Sodium 5.4mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 19%
- Sugars 39.8g
- Protein 0.6g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.