This refreshing grapefruit spritzer is the perfect addition to any weekend brunch or cocktail party, especially when paired with our Crab Puffs. The light anise flavor of tarragon simple syrup complements the citrus-y cocktail by adding a fresh herbal note. A little bubbly makes this worthy of any special occasion — and there’s nothing more festive than a spritz for the holidays.
Grapefruit Spritzer with Tarragon Syrup
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
- Glass Liquid Measuring Cups
- 2-Quart Saucepan
- 9" Wire Whisk
SIMPLE SYRUP, HEAT
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 Sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 Bottle Cava or dry sparkling white wine (750 ml), chilled
- 1 ½ cups Pure ruby red grapefruit juice, chilled
- For the simple syrup, heat water, sugar, and tarragon in a saucepan over high to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Let syrup cool to room temperature; discard tarragon, and chill syrup until ready to use.
- For the spritzer, combine Cava, grapefruit juice, and ½ cup simple syrup in a pitcher just before serving.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories148
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 1mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.