Golden Mashed Potatoes with Leeks
- Potato Ricer
- 1¼ -Qt. Saucepan
- Potato Masher
- Fry Pan
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup Chopped leeks, white and light greens
- 12 oz Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¼ cup Heavy cream
- Salt, black pepper, and ground nutmeg to taste
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks and sauté until soft, 5 minutes. .
- Cook potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water until fork-tender, 10–12 minutes. Drain potatoes; return to pot. Cook potatoes over medium-low heat, stirring, to remove excess moisture, 1–2 minutes
- Off heat, stir in cream and remaining 3 Tbsp. butter. Crush potatoes with a potato masher until nearly smooth; stir in leeks.
- Season potatoes with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories473
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 21g 105%
- Cholesterol 95mg 32%
- Sodium 30mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 6g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.