Funnel Cakes with powdered sugar glaze
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cup and Spoons Set
- Funnel Set with Cleaning Brushes
- 8-Quart Stock Pot
FOR THE GLAZE, WHISK
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup Whole milk
- Pinch of salt
FOR THE CAKES, HEAT
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1½ cups Whole milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and salt until smooth. Cover glaze with plastic wrap while frying cakes.
- For the cakes, heat 2½–3 inches oil in a medium pot (at least 6 inches tall) to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment then a rack.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Beat together milk, eggs, and vanilla; whisk into flour mixture until combined. Stir butter into batter until incorporated.
- Pour ¾ cup batter into a funnel, using your finger to close off the end. (You can also use a measuring cup or squeeze bottle for the batter.) Starting from the center of the hot oil, and in a swirling motion, slowly pour batter in concentric and overlapping circles to make a 5–6-inch round.
- Fry cake on both sides until golden brown, 1–2 minutes per side; transfer to prepared rack. Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Top cakes with glaze; serve warm.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories544
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Cholesterol 80mg 27%
- Sodium 251mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 9g 18%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.