Snacking doesn’t have to be a diet-derailing no-no. In fact, it’s a great way to keep your metabolism up between meals. Fruit and low-fat angel food cake in the panzanella will satisfy your sweet tooth for this quick and easy snack. For even more flavor, try cinnamon-raisin or blueberry crumble bread in place of the angel food cake.
- ½ cup Fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- ¾ cup Cubed angel food cake, toasted
- ¼ cup Fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup Fresh blackberries
- 2 Fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 tbsp. Torn fresh mint leaves
- Plain Greek-style yogurt (optional)
- Mash raspberries with sugar in a bowl, then press through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard seeds.
- Toss together cake, blueberries, blackberries, strawberry slices, mint, and raspberry “juice.” Top salad with a dollop of yogurt.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories184
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 102mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.