This watermelon margarita recipe is the best drink you’ll make all summer! With no added sweetener and just 5 ingredients, it’s healthy and fun.
Frozen Watermelon Margaritas with jalapeño-orange simple syrup
- 6 cups Cubed watermelon
- 1 Orange
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced
- ⅔ cup Water
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 1 cup White or silver tequila
- ⅔ cup Fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Lime and jalapeño slices
- Freeze watermelon until solid.
- Peel orange with a vegetable peeler. (Do not include white pith.) Heat orange peel, jalapeño, water, and sugar in a small saucepan to a boil over high, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until sugar dissolves, 5 minutes. Let simple syrup cool to room temperature; strain, discard solids, and chill until ready to use.
- Purée watermelon, tequila, lime juice, 2/3 cup simple syrup, and salt in a blender. Garnish margaritas with lime and jalapeño slices.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories191
- % Daily Value *
- Sodium 2mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.