Ice cold lemonade is one of summer’s simplest pleasures. As a frozen pie, it’s even better. One bite of this retro dessert and you’ll have a new favorite way to chill out this summer.
Frozen Lemonade Pie
THE CRUST, PROCESS
- 9 oz. Vanilla wafers (about 70 wafers)
- ¼ cup Packed fresh mint leaves
- 6 tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
THE SAUCE, PURÉE
- 12 oz. Fresh raspberries
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Water
- 2 tsp. Cornstarch
THE FILLING, BEAT
- 2 cups Heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Pure vanilla extract )
- 1 recipe frozen lemonade concentrate (see recipe in box below) or 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate (12 oz.
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk, chilled (14 oz.)
Frozen Citrus Concentrate
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Hot water
- ⅔ cup Strained fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Process vanilla wafers and mint in a food processor until sandy. With the machine running, drizzle in butter and continue processing until mixture clings together.
- Press crumbs into bottom and half to three-quarters of the way up the sides of the prepared pan. Tamp down crumbs with the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Bake crust until browned and set, 8–10 minutes. Remove pan from oven and let cool completely.
- Purée raspberries and sugar. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve; discard seeds. Bring to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl for the slurry. Whisk slurry into boiling raspberry mixture. Boil 1 minute to thicken slightly and eliminate cornstarch taste; transfer to a bowl and chill.
- Beat cream, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed to stiff peaks.
- Whisk together concentrate and condensed milk in a separate bowl, just until combined.
- Fold whipped cream into the concentrate mixture; transfer to cooled crust.
- Drizzle ¼ cup cold raspberry sauce over filling. Swirl a skewer or knife through the sauce to marble. Cover pie with plastic wrap and freeze until solid, 8–24 hours. Thaw pie 30 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
Frozen citrus concentrate
- Heat 3/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup hot water in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves. .
- Stir in 2/3 cup strained fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Transfer to a loaf pan or other freezer-safe container
- Cover and freeze until solid.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories337
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 11g 56%
- Cholesterol 63mg 21%
- Sodium 113mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.