- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 4 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ cup White sugar caster / super fine is best but not essential)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 ¾ cup Milk any type, any fat %
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract or essence
- 4 tsp Butter for cooking
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl, whisk to combine.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla. Whisk until lump free – no longer than 30 seconds.
- Heat a non stick skillet – use medium heat if you have a strong stove, medium high if you have a weak one. Add a tiny bit of butter (about 1/2 tsp) and swirl to melt. Use paper towel to mostly wipe the butter off (this is the trick to avoid a dodgy 1st pancake).
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into the middle of the fry pan (I use a slightly heaped ice cream scoop with lever, standard is 1/4 cup).
- Swirl pan lightly to spread or use the ice cream scoop edge to spread into 11cm / 4.5" circle (ruler is a must) (joking!).
- When bubbles rise to the surface (see video), flip and cook the other side until golden.
- Remove and keep warm in a low oven
- Use more butter every 2 to 3 pancakes – depends how good your non stick coating is.
- Serve with toppings of choice!
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories108
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 3%
- Trans Fat 0.0g
- Cholesterol 17mg 6%
- Sodium 184mg 8%
- Potassium 78mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2%
- Sugars 5.6g
- Protein 3.6g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.