Whether you’re looking to wow the crowd or just want to try something new, these 4 St. Patrick’s Day recipes will bring some creativity and color to your celebrations.
St. Patrick’s Day is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate one of the world’s most storied cultures with friends and family. These 4 St. Patrick’s Day recipes are not only easy to pull off but are also based on recipes we know are winners!
1. Porter Beer Float
So simple and so, so yummy. This tasty treat is as easy to make as it is to consume!
- 1/3 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 TBSP Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 Bottles of Dark Beer (Porter or Stout)
- Edible Gold Flakes or Glitter
- Melt chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwavable safe bowl for 30-45 seconds.
- Stir to combine and use a spoon to drizzle over the rim of the glass.
- Set aside to cool.
- Fill each glass with vanilla ice cream.
- Pour dark beer over the top just before serving.
- Add a toasted marshmallow to the drink for a little extra pizzaz and enjoy!
2. Cheesy Pesto Hasselback Potatoes
Who knew gold and green could go together so perfectly?
- 6 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2.5 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 8 oz Smoked Mozzarella Cheese, Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Green Pesto
- Preheat oven to 430℉.
- Rinse potatoes.
- To buffer, place a utensil longways on each side of the potatoes while slicing.
- Slice about 3/4 of the way down the potato until you hit the utensil, creating 1/4 inch slices.
- Soak potatoes in cold water for 20 minutes. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Brush olive oil evenly over potatoes, making sure to get in the cracks. Season with salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Brush potatoes again with olive oil and season with salt.
- Bake another 30 minutes, or until fork tender through the middle of the potato.
- Place a slice of cheese between each slit.
- Melt cheese in the oven, 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle pesto and serve.
3. Pot O’ Gold(en) Chicken Wings
We’re taking golden brown to the next level this St. Patrick’s Day with these wow-worthy wings.
- Chicken Wings (10-16 wings)
- Vegetable Oil
- Edible Gold Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Heat oil in a deep pan (about 1-2 inches).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Mix to combine. Dredge chicken in flour mixture and remove excess.
- Add chicken to the oil and cook for 15-20 minutes (until golden brown).
- While the wings are cooking, mix together equal parts turmeric and gold dust.
- Remove chicken from the oil and place on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Using a pastry brush, add the turmeric and edible gold dry rub to the wings.
4. Jello Parfait
While this may not be the traditional meaning of “getting your greens,” it’s a special occasion—cut yourself some slack!
- 1 Box Lime Jello
- 1 Box Unflavored Jello
- Coconut Milk
- Whipped Cream (Fresh or Store-Bought)
- 2 Kiwis (Diced and Peeled)
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- Lime Zest
- Make your lime jello according to packet instructions.
- Make your unflavored jello according to the packet, but replace the water with coconut milk.
- Pour lime jello mixture in your glass of choice until 1/3 full.
- Refrigerate for two hours and repeat with coconut milk jello. Continue this process until you have alternating layers of green and white jello.
- While the jello sets, cut angel food cake into bite-sized pieces.
- Once jello has hardened, top the glasses with angel food cake and whipped cream. Add lime zest and serve.
We hope you enjoyed these creative and colorful concoctions, and there’s more where that came from!