Whether you’re a cookie, bar, or brownie fan, there’s something here to please everyone. These perfect chocolate chip cookies are everything a good cookie should be — soft and chewy with crispy edges.
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Table salt
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Packed dark brown sugar
- ⅔ cup Unsalted butter (10 Tbsp. + 2 tsp.), softened
- ⅔ cup Vegetable shortening
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, shortening, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl with a hand mixer on low speed. Increase speed to high and beat until mixture is fluffy and lighter in color.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture until no flour is visible. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies using a 2-Tbsp. measure (#40 scoop). Drop dough onto prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies on center rack of oven until lightly brown around the edges, 12–14 minutes. Let cookies sit on baking sheet 2 minutes to set up, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- % Daily Value *
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.