Blueberry Crumb Cake
- 10 inch round pan 2 inches deep sprayed with vegetable cooking spray and the bottom lined with a disk of parchment paper
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter
- ¾ cup Light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Lemon zest grated
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup All-puropse flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ Cuo low-fat buttermilk
- 3 cup Blueberries rinsed and drained (frozen works too)
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter melted
- ⅓ cup Light brown sugar firmly packed
- ¾ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350
- For the cake batter combine the butter and brown sugar in the bowl fo an electric mixer. Beat with the paddle attachment on medium speed until lightened about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla and lemon zest, then beat in the eggs one at a time beating smooth after each addition.
- Quickly stir the flour and baking powder together.Decrease the mixer speed to low and beat in half the flour mixture. Beat in the buttermilk until it is absorbed. Stop the mixer and use a large rubber spatula to scrape down the bowl and beater. Beat in the remaining flour mixture. Use a large rubber spatula to give a final mixing
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and use a metal offset spatula to spread it evenly.
- Top the batter with the blueberries gently pressing them in.
- For the crumbs, stir the butter and brown sugar together in the bowl. Quickly mix the flour, cinnamon and baking powder together and use a rubber spatula to stir them into the butter mixture. Use your finger tips to break up the mixture into small crumbs. Evenly scatter the crumbs on the blueberries.
- Bake the cake for 55 minutes or until it is well risen, the crumbs are a deep golden color, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Invert the cake to a large plate and remove the pan and paper. Replace the pan with a cooling rack and reinvert. Lift off the plate and cool the cake completely.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories205.5
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 46.3mg 16%
- Sodium 70.4mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5%
- Protein 54.4g 109%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.