Kick off summer with a bite of these rum and lime cocktail-inspired cupcakes. They’re the perfect sweet treat for any celebration.
THE CUPCAKES, SIFT
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Table salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. Minced lime zest
- ⅔ cup Whole milk
- ½ cup Seedless blackberry jam
THE TOPPING, WHIP
- 1 ½ cups Heavy cream
- 3 tbsp. Light rum
- 2 tbsp. Fresh lime juice, strained
- Fresh blackberries
- Lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin pans with paper or foil liners.
- For the cupcakes, sift flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat together sugar and eggs with a mixer on high speed until very light and fluffy, 5–7 minutes. With mixer running, drizzle in oil and beat until fully incorporated. Add zest, then alternately beat dry mixture and milk into sugar mixture, starting and ending with the dry mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared liners until each is three-quarters full. Bake cupcakes until a toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean, 20–25 minutes. Cool cupcakes in pans 5 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on a rack.
- Fill a pastry bag with jam and pipe into cupcakes by inserting the tip directly into tops, and squeezing the bag until the cupcakes plump with jam but don’t crack open.
- For the topping, whip cream and ⅓ cup sugar with a mixer to stiff peaks. Add rum and lime juice; whip just to combine. Pipe topping onto cupcakes, then top each with a blackberry and a lime slice; chill until ready to serve.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories348
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 7g 35%
- Cholesterol 55mg 19%
- Sodium 146mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.