Creamy Tortellini Soup
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Carrots
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
- ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
- 6 cup Vegetable Broth
- 12 oz Frozen Tortellini
- 5 oz Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Cream or 1 cup Milk or 1 cup Half and Half
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or soup pot.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; cook over medium-low heat for 6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Whisk in flour; whisk until crumbly.
- Slowly add broth and continue to vigorously whisk until everything is well combined and there are no clumps.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Add frozen tortellini and spinach.
- Continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tortellini is tender and heated through.
- Stir in cream or milk; bring back to a steady boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Taste for salt and pepper, and adjust accordingly.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories237
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 12g 60%
- Cholesterol 69mg 23%
- Sodium 1408mg 59%
- Potassium 132mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.