Cream of Broccoli Soup is a favorite of comfort food mine. This healthy version uses no cream, simple ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes!
Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 4¼ cups Reduced sodium chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 1 Medium onion, chopped (2/3 cup)
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped (2/3 cup)
- 1 Celery stalk, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped
- 5 cups Broccoli florets, 12 ounces
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 3 tbsp. Reduced-fat sour cream, plus optional more for garnish
- ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a medium sized stock pot, bring chicken broth, onions, carrots, garlic, and celery to a boil. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, milk and pepper and cook, covered, 10 more minutes.
- Add sour cream and puree soup with an immersion blender.
- Adjust black pepper to taste and heat through over medium heat, stir in the cheddar cheese and serve.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories150
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Cholesterol 19.5mg 7%
- Sodium 796.5mg 34%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
- Sugars 6.5g
- Protein 10.5g 21%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.