Roasted butternut squash is simmered with curry, coconut milk, and a hint of spice in this warm and comforting soup perfect for weeknights
Coconut Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp Roasted cumin
- 1 ½ tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Madras curry powder
- ½ Medium onion, minced
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz Chopped peeled butternut squash 2 cups
- 1 cup Light coconut milk
- 3 cup Fat free vegetable or chicken broth
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Add oil to a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- When oil is hot add onion, garlic and sauté.
- Add roasted cumin, masala and madras curry powder and mix well cooking another minute.
- Add broth, light coconut milk, butternut squash and cook covered until squash is soft, 12-15 minutes.
- Remove cover and using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth.
- Season with salt and fresh pepper and serve with fresh cilantro.
- Amount Per ServingCalories108
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.2g 1%
- Cholesterol 3.8mg 2%
- Sodium 726mg 31%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3.5g 15%
- Sugars 0.2g
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.