Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- #40 Scoop
- Measuring Cups/Spoons Set
- Glass Liquid Measuring Cups
- Glass Nesting Bowls
- Half-Sheet Pan
- 3 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Table salt
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup Packed dark brown sugar
- ⅔ cup Unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup Vegetable shortening
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups Semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° with rack in center position. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, shortening, eggs, and vanilla with a mixer on low speed, then increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and light in color.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture until no flour is visible; stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough using a #40 scoop (about 2 Tbsp.) onto prepared baking sheets, spaced 2-inches apart.
- Bake cookies until lightly brown around the edges, 12–14 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Forget that recipe on the back of the chip package — this is the best-ever recipe for Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies. With two kinds of chocolate, all three dozen cookies will be gone before you know it.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories217
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6g 30%
- Cholesterol 20mg 7%
- Sodium 106mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.