These brownies are the perfect balance of cakey, fudgy, and chewy. Deep and dark with chocolate flavor, these rich brownies keep fussiness to a minimum without sacrificing a bit of flavor.
- 4 oz. Unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 Stick unsalted butter (8 Tbsp.), cubed
- 2 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. Instant coffee granules
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. Table salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Melt chocolate, butter, cocoa powder, and coffee in a bowl in a microwave on full power, stirring every 30 seconds (or melt mixture in a heavy saucepan over low heat). Remove from heat when chocolate is nearly melted; stir until smooth.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Fold in flour and walnuts. Spread batter in prepared pan and bake 30–40 minutes. Cool brownies completely on a rack before cutting.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories278
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9g 45%
- Cholesterol 65mg 22%
- Sodium 70mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.