These gooey, soft cinnamon rolls are easy to make and always a hit.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 6 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- ½ tbsp Ground Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 Unsalted Butter Stick
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil/ Vegetable Oil
PREPARE CINNAMON FILLING
- In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a quart-sized heavy zip baggie and set it aside
- In a small pan, heat the butter over low heat until melted. Turn off the heat and whisk in the cream cheese until it is almost smooth. Sift the powdered sugar into the pan, stir and add in vanilla extract. Set the pan aside while you make the pancakes
PREPARE PANCAKE BATTER
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in the milk, egg and oil, just until the batter is moistened
COOK THE PANCAKES
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-heat and spray with nonstick spray. Use an ice cream scoop (or 1/3 cup measuring cup) to add the batter to the pan. Use the bottom of the scoop or cup to spread the batter into a circle (about 4-inches in diameter). Reduce the heat to medium low. Snip the corner of your baggie of cinnamon filling and squeeze the filling into the open corner.
- When your pancake begins to form bubbles, add the filling. Starting at the center of the pancake, squeeze the filling on top of the pancake batter in a swirl (just as you see in a regular cinnamon roll).
- Cook the pancake 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bubbles begin popping on top of the pancake and it's golden brown on the bottom. Slide a thin, wide metal spatula underneath the pancake and gently but quickly flip it over.
- Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the other side is golden as well. When you flip the pancake onto a plate, you will see that the cinnamon filling has created a crater-swirl of cinnamon.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, and repeat with the remaining pancake batter and cinnamon filling.
- Re-warm the glaze briefly, if needed. Serve pancakes topped with a drizzle of glaze.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories301
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 10g 50%
- Cholesterol 63mg 21%
- Sodium 196mg 9%
- Potassium 189mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 21g
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.