Cinnamon Doughnut Ice Cream Cones
- ½ cup Warm water
- 2 tbsp Granulated sugar, plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 2 ¼ tsp Active dry yeast
- 3 cps All-purpose flour(375 g), plus more as needed
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup Warm milk(120 mL), of your choice
- 5 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted, divided
- 2 Large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- 1 cup Granulated sugar(200 g)
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Chocolate(225 g), melted
- rainbow sprinkle, optional
- ice cream
- In a large bowl, stir together the water and 1 teaspoon sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over the water mixture and rest for 5 minutes, or until it becomes foamy.
- Sift together the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and the salt over the yeast mixture.
- Add the milk, 3 tablespoons melted butter, and the egg yolks. Stir until the dough comes together in a ball. Add more flour if dough is too sticky.
- Knead the dough for five minutes, or until the dough is smooth on the outside and springs back when pressed on with your fingers.
- Grease bowl with the oil, return the dough to the bowl, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise for one hour at room temperature, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cut the dough into eight equal parts.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a long, thick strip.
- Fold a sheet of aluminum foil in half and, starting from the bottom right hand corner, roll into a cone shape, measuring 6 inches (15 cm) long and about ⅛-inch (3 mm) thick around the opening. Repeat to make 7 more cones.
- Wrap the dough strips around each aluminum cone.
- Arrange the cones point-up in a muffin tin. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- On a large plate, mix the cinnamon with the remaining sugar.
- Brush the cones with the remaining melted butter.
- Carefully remove the aluminum foil.
- Roll the cone in cinnamon sugar.
- Fill the cone with melted chocolate, letting the excess drip out. Top with ice cream, or dip the edge in chocolate, then roll in rainbow sprinkles, if desired. Top with ice cream.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories424
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 12g
- Protein 9g 18%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.