- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- ¼ cup Whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Finely chopped ginger root
- 5 Medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp Coriander seed, ground
- ½ tsp Cumin seed, ground
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter or butter
- ½ cup Tomato sauce
- ¼ cup Finely chopped fresh or 2 tablespoons crumbled dried fenugreek leaves (méthi)*
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except clarified butter, tomato sauce and fenugreek. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat clarified butter over medium heat. Add chicken mixture and tomato sauce. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until chicken is partially cooked.
- Stir in fenugreek; reduce heat. Cover; simmer about 10 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- * Watercress leaves or fresh parsley can be substituted, but flavor will be milder.
- Look for the fenugreek leaves or seeds in Indian or Asian markets or upscale food markets.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories270
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 8g 40%
- Trans Fat 0.0g
- Cholesterol 100mg 34%
- Sodium 570mg 24%
- Potassium 400mg 12%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 28g 57%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.