This chicken larb is packed with bright, delicious flavors and contrasting textures.
Chicken and Shrimp Laap (Larb)
- 1 tsp. Coconut flour
- 1 tsp. Oil
- 1 Small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. Ground chicken thighs
- ½ lb. Large shrimp, peeled and chopped coarsely
- 2 tbsp. Asian fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. Fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 2 Scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup Minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 Head butter lettuce, washed and spun dry, and separated into leaves
- On a parchment-lined baking tray, toast the coconut flour in a 300°F oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until the flour turns golden brown. (You can also toast the coconut flour in a dry pan over low heat instead.) Set aside.
- In the meantime, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced shallot and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the ground chicken, and break it up with a spatula. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the fish sauce, lime juice, toasted coconut flour, and cayenne pepper. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Sprinkle the chopped herbs on top. To eat, wrap a 1/3 cup of laap in a lettuce leaf and devour.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories220
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
- Cholesterol 68mg 23%
- Sodium 795mg 34%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.5g 6%
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 34g 68%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.