This Chicken and Avocado Soup with lime, scallions and cilantro is a perfect and easy fresh and delicious soup with zingy lime juice.
Chicken and Avocado Soup
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups Scallions, chopped fine
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Medium tomato, diced
- 5 cups Reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Shredded chicken breast, 12 oz
- 8 oz. From 2 small ripe hass avocados, diced
- ⅓ cup Chopped cilantro
- 4 Lime wedges
- kosher salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- ⅛ tsp. Cumin
- pinch chipotle chile powder, optional
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the oil, 1 cup of scallions and garlic. Sauté about 2 to 3 minutes until soft then add the tomatoes and sauté another minute, until soft.
- Add chicken stock, cumin and chile powder and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered on low for about 15 minutes.
- In four bowls, fill each with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 avocado, remainder of the scallions, and cilantro. Ladle 1 cup chicken broth over the chicken and serve with a lime wedge.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories297
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.5g 13%
- Cholesterol 72.5mg 25%
- Sodium 789.5mg 33%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 7.5g 30%
- Sugars 2.5g
- Protein 31g 62%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.