Cheesy Zucchini Bread
ZUCCHINI AND CHEESE
- 2 cup Grated zucchini , packed (2 medium / large zucchinis, 380g / 13 oz grated)
- ¾ tsp Salt
- 8 8 slices Swiss cheese (200g / 6.5 oz)
- 1 ¼ cup Milk preferably low fat
- ¼ cup Melted butter unsalted
- 2 tbsp Canola oil (or vegetable or other neutral flavoured oil)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Small garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 2 ¼ cup Plain / all purpose flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda (bi-carb)
- ½ tsp Salt
- Use a standard box grater to grate the zucchini. Place in bowl, sprinkle with salt, use fingers to disperse. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze handfuls to remove excess water and place zucchini in a bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180C / 350F (all oven types).
- Butter and line a loaf pan
- Place Dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place Wet Ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the centre of the Dry ingredients. Pour in Wet. Mix quickly until flour is incorporated
- Quickly stir through zucchini.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter in the loaf pan. Top with 4 slices of cheese.
- Spread with batter, top with 4 slices of cheese, then finish with remaining batter. Smooth top.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Optional: Brush top with a bit of melted butter.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to rack to cool. Cool for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
- Store in a container
- STORAGE: This bread will keep for 4 to 5 days in a container (doesn’t need to be airtight) and it will stay beautifully moist
- Nutrition per serving, assuming 10 servings.
1 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories308
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 7.8g 39%
- Trans Fat 0.2g
- Cholesterol 70mg 24%
- Sodium 186mg 8%
- Potassium 226mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5%
- Sugars 0.9g
- Protein 11g 22%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.